May 1, 2016
Comprised of eight brands (TCS World Travel, Zegrahm Expeditions, Europe Express, YMT Vacations, Travcoa, International Expeditions, Quark Expeditions, and AmeriCan Adventures), the TUI Group’s North American Specialist and Adventure Divisions employ over 400 people in locations across the continent, including Toronto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Birmingham, AL and Clearwater, FL.
The TUI Group is one of the world’s largest leading leisure travel groups, with approximately 70,000 employees supporting more than 250 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers.
We are looking for a creative, energetic recruiting professional to join our growing team. You will be based in our dog-friendly Seattle offices, located just off the heartbeat of Seattle’s waterfront, next to gorgeous Olympic Sculpture Park.
If you’re passionate about helping a company find the best and brightest talent and enjoy working in a fun, dynamic industry, read on!
The Senior Recruiter will deliver strategic and tactical full life cycle recruiting support for eight distinct brand companies. They will build relationships with local management teams to understand hiring needs and culture to help source top talent. They will help the companies become employers of choice, allowing us to attract top talent to contribute to the continued success of our brands and the changing needs of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead recruitment activity for all brands, developing strategic and creative sourcing/hiring strategies.
• Own full life cycle recruitment and direct necessary processes to ensure best hires.
• Provide exceptional experience to hiring managers and candidates alike, including frequent and professional communication.
• Work with HR Business Partners to maintain and update job descriptions as needed.
• Support and assist HR Business Partners in local recruiting efforts.
• Partner with hiring managers to identify job hiring requirements, process and top talent.
• Maintain knowledge of current employment/recruiting market, trends, and competitors.
• Train and assist managers and hiring teams with interviewing best practices.
• Use Applicant Tracking System to manage candidates throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
• Complete reference checks when appropriate.
• Maintain knowledge of industry HR practices and legal employment considerations in the U.S. and Canada.
• Utilize existing and new networks to contact passive candidates and build pipeline for current and future positions.
• Participate in creating and monitoring activities that impact employment brand awareness (employment advertising, collateral material, website and posting content, events, etc.).
• Coordinate and track job advertisements, evaluate effectiveness, and utilize alternate solutions when necessary.
• Coordinate travel for out of town/state candidate interviews.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
• 2-5 years of corporate recruitment experience.
• Previous interviewing experience and knowledge of behavioral interviewing techniques.
• Knowledge of employment laws as they relate to recruiting.
• Ability to use a variety of software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Knowledge and experience with an applicant tracking system and process required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of brands, their goals, culture, values and image helpful.
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
• Able to work in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
• Must maintain a high level of professionalism.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• PHR or other HR certification preferred but not required.