April 29, 2016
The Pokémon Company International is searching for a Toy & Game Licensing Manager to plan and develop long and short term strategic plans to grow the licensing business. This fast-paced, cross-functional managerial position involves managing product development (2D/3D) for all hard goods and electronic games and/or retail promotions developed in conjunction with the Trading Card Game and Video Game Retail team, and financial responsibility. Manage Master Toy Licensee and lead. Territories cover the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand. The target demographics are youth, teens, young adults and adults. The Licensing Manager will communicate TPCi’s brand licensing strategy effectively to licensees and retail/other partners to ensure all activity and brand representation is in alignment with TPCi’s overall objectives and guidelines.
· Licensing Expert – Be the go to person on analyzing white space in the category and pull together cohesive programs for retail and licensees to gain placement. Possess deep understanding of retail landscape, key categories for each target demographic, market potential, consumer insights and trends, and top tier players in the field.
· Drive the Business – Work alongside the Licensing Director to identify and assess new licensing product categories and partners, anticipating roadblocks and proactively taking measures to address them. Negotiate business terms and contracts to build the licensee roster.
· Research, Strategy & Marketing Plans – Research retailers, products, brands and companies for new business opportunities across the toy industry. Prepare overall marketing plans for identified categories and territories and manage the implementation of these plans through the licensees. Assist with the development of marketing materials, promotional events and licensing presentations that support the execution of TPCi’s strategic direction and goals.
· Communication –Provide key updates to senior management in clear and concise reports. Build relationships with licensees and embrace face-to-face meetings internally and externally. Assess marketing materials needed and implement. Create presentations that support licensing’s goals as well as TPCi’s strategic direction and goals. Must be able to communicate complex deals effectively. Ensure alignment across divisions, especially with merchandise development and creative. Play leadership role in coaching and mentoring Toy & Game Coordinator. Must be a great presenter with storytelling skills.
· Reporting – Produce monthly reports by account and category. Analyze data in several ways to communicate messages to different divisions. Monitor business and prepare updates on a monthly basis that can be rolled up into comprehensive quarterly reports. Understand market share and what needs to be done to increase it.
· Financial Planning – Assist with annual budgeting, financial planning & development and implementation of strategic licensing plans to hit revenue targets, grow the licensing business & incremental revenue potential. Responsible for topline and profitability goals
· Manage licensee proposal and pitch process – For any new, potential or renewal licensees, gather relevant deal information, competitive analysis and business rationale. Submit all business and strategy justifications to Director for evaluation prior to submission through TPCi’s internal approval system.
· Partner Compliance – Liaise with partners and global teams to approve product design, production and promotion for products under license. Monitor existing partners to ensure active development, product innovation, marketing dates, safety and financial compliance. Work closely with legal team as necessary.
· Event Planning/ Tradeshows – participate and assist with the planning and attendance of annual Licensing Summits, Licensing Expo, Toy Fair and events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Qualified candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with work-groups and various personalities; leadership, strategic, and creative thinking skills; and the ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with little supervision.
· 5-7 years related experience in Toys and Games, previous experience in licensing, entertainment, consumer products, brand management or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
· Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, deal interpretation and analysis, revenue/profit modeling and ultimate sound business judgment.
· Strong MS Office computer skills, including excel spreadsheets, and experience with PowerPoint presentations.
· Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills; must possess a proven ability to multi-task various projects across a matrix environment.
· Must be entrepreneurial, have a positive can-do attitude and think proactively. Willingness and ability to work on special projects as needed to meet business needs; function as a team member.
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact: email@example.com