May 19, 2016
The Director, Human Resources serves as a key strategic business partner for senior management while providing direct guidance to front line leaders on a variety of situations or circumstances. Support shaping the culture of the organization while building an environment that enables CM employees to thrive and do their best work. Provide HR consultation and expertise in the core functional areas of Human Resources with a major focus on employee relations, total rewards, HRIS, change management and performance management. Provide dotted-line leadership and guidance to HR Plant employees in all areas of HR. In collaboration with the Vice President, HR, the HR Director will implement tactical and strategic HR programs and also provide insight and solutions that add value to the mission, vision and business objectives of the organization. This role is responsible for continuously evaluating and optimizing operational efficiencies and promoting excellence across the organization.
|· Build credibility with business partners by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments’ short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success.
· Perform core HR functions, resolve request/needs/inquiries in areas such as employment practices, federal and state employment laws, drug testing, discipline/termination, recruiting and hiring
· Ensure compliance with all federal/state/local employment laws, and regulations (unemployment, OSHA/safety, worker’s compensation, affirmative action, FMLA etc.)
· Directs the design and implementation of the CM Total Rewards programs to align with companywide Total Rewards philosophy, to include effective compensation practices, benefits and retirement, and wellness.
· Provides direction for HR Information systems alignment with business goals.
· Analyze employee relations issues; investigate employee complaints, including complex matters, consult with legal and senior leadership as appropriate and make sound, timely recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure.
· Influence key stakeholders to consistently follow appropriate procedures and properly document employee relations matters/investigations.
· Coach all levels of managers on how to develop their employees and improve performance. Assist with creation and execution of development plans.
· Support and facilitate effective recruitment/retention strategies that focus on diversity in collaboration with hiring managers.
· Improve and streamline operations through the continuous assessment of policies, procedures and program effectiveness/value, leveraging technology whenever possible.
· Oversees the effective delivery of Human Resources Management and Programs at the CM Manufacturing Plants.
|specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies:|
· Ability to build business partnerships with senior leadership and serve as the principal HR contact and expert for client groups
· Ability to consult on strategic initiatives, including strategy, technology, structure, process and people issues.
· Technical HR knowledge, e.g., compensation, employment laws, FLSA, FMLA, employee relations, benefits, staffing and selection, performance management, training and development.
· Ability to understand business functions and metrics within the business and industry.
· Ability to direct initiative and processes and gain buy-in from stakeholders
· Knowledge of HR best practices and demonstrated success working as a HR strategic partner or consultant.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities.
· Knowledge of management principles and practices with demonstrated leadership and team building abilities.
· Ability to proactively identify and diagnose business needs and deliver relevant solutions.
· Ability to prioritize and deliver results against a work plan in a fast-paced environment, giving attention to detail even under high pressure situations.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated customer service mindset and abilities.
· Demonstrated leadership, training and problem solving skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Human Resources management including ability to create and administer policies and programs.
|· Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to convey complex information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization.
· Mastery level presentation skills.
|· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 8 to 10 Years of Experience in a leadership role in a Human Resources function; experience in Plant HR a plus
· SPHR or SCP certification preferred
|· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Possess strong skills in judgment, reasoning ability, and logical thought process.
· Strategic cause-and-effect, holistic thinking.
To be considered and learn more about this role:
Please contact Chris Englin, Big Wave Recruiting, email@example.com