August 18, 2016
Are you looking for a stable, secure, friendly work environment to take your Human Resource’s career to the next level? Are you tired of dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and corporate buyouts? Want to work someplace where the people are genuine, and you are not just a number? Burkhart Dental might be the place for you. Burkhart Dental Supply is a family owned company of four hundred employees so they are big enough to be a solid corporation, but small enough to still care. They’ve been in business for 128 years, and are family owned. They truly value about employees, and put their money where their mouth is—Burkhart associates own 30% of the company, and receive a quarterly bonus based on profitability. And since they enjoy such a solid reputation in the business—they’ve met that profit for 8 out of the last ten years.
And it’s not just Burkhart Dental Supply saying they’re a great place to work. Here’s just some of the many awards their company has achieved.
- Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work for – 2014 – Seattle Business Magazine
- 2014 Family Business Award – Seattle Business Magazine
- Gold Achievement level – Fit Friendly Worksite – 2014 – American Heart Association
- US Bank 2013 Gold Award
Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Our client, Burkhart Dental Supply located in Tacoma, is searching for an HR Specialist to lead compensation and benefits for their mid-sized company. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this role will design and administer compensation practices, base pay, salary structure, bonus plans, stock, and benefits programs as a key member of the HR team. The Compensation & Benefits Specialist will use financial acumen and analytical skills to interpret financial data to create strategy. This is a strategic and hands-on role working with company leaders, and management of external consultants and vendors.
- The Specialist works with the VP of HR and company leadership team on supporting the company goals in the development and implementation of effective rewards programs.
- Act as a primary source of compensation and benefits expertise for HR, senior leaders, and employees.
- Ability to design effective rewards programs including sales incentive plans, bonus plans, executive compensation, and profit sharing.
- Create and update job descriptions and complete job leveling requirements.
- Manage communication of total rewards programs ensuring they are understood by employees.
- Responsible for creating reports, analysis, and predictive work for annual merit and incentive plans.
- Oversee the total rewards strategy to attract, engage, and retain top talent for the organization.
- Build effective working relationships with external partners, negotiating vendor contracts and agreements, and monitoring service targets.
- Manage open enrollment, work with outside vendors, and troubleshoot benefits issues.
- This position includes oversight and understanding of all company leave programs.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the VP of Human Resources.
Bachelor’s degree, and preferably CEBS and/or CCP designation.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in benefits and compensation including design and planning of compensation programs, experience with retirement plans such as 401(k) and profit sharing.
Experience and interest in data to analyze and strategize. Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
Experience working in HRIS systems, ADP preferred.
Experienced in Microsoft Office and expert in Excel.
Detail oriented, accurate and able to maintain confidential and private employee information.
Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills.
Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and manage vendor relationships.
Keep up-to-date on leading practices and market trends in benefits, compensation and other components of a total rewards strategy.
The position requires a working knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, and other applicable state and federal laws.
Please send your resume to:
Chris Englin | Big Wave Recruiting | firstname.lastname@example.org