August 18, 2016
The Best Little Company You’ve Never Heard Of….
Are you looking for a stable, secure, friendly work environment to take your Human Resource’s career to the next level? Are you tired of dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and corporate buyouts? Want to work someplace where the people are genuine, and you are not just a number? Burkhart Dental might be the place for you. Burkhart Dental Supply is a family owned company of four hundred employees so they are big enough to be a solid corporation, but small enough to still care. They’ve been in business for 128 years, and are family owned. They truly value about employees, and put their money where their mouth is—Burkhart associates own 30% of the company, and receive a quarterly bonus based on profitability. And since they enjoy such a solid reputation in the business—they’ve met that profit for 8 out of the last ten years.
And it’s not just Burkhart Dental Supply saying they’re a great place to work. Here’s just some of the many awards their company has achieved.
- Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work for – 2014 – Seattle Business Magazine
- 2014 Family Business Award – Seattle Business Magazine
- Gold Achievement level – Fit Friendly Worksite – 2014 – American Heart Association
- US Bank 2013 Gold Award
Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Our client, Burkhart Dental Supply located in Tacoma, is searching for an HR Specialist to lead compensation and benefits for their mid-sized company. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this role will design and administer compensation practices, base pay, salary structure, bonus plans, stock, and benefits programs as a key member of the HR team. The Compensation & Benefits Specialist will use financial acumen and analytical skills to interpret financial data to create strategy. This is a strategic and hands-on role working with company leaders, and management of external consultants and vendors.
- The Specialist works with the VP of HR and company leadership team on supporting the company goals in the development and implementation of effective rewards programs.
- Act as a primary source of compensation and benefits expertise for HR, senior leaders, and employees.
- Ability to design effective rewards programs including sales incentive plans, bonus plans, executive compensation, and profit sharing.
- Create and update job descriptions and complete job leveling requirements.
- Manage communication of total rewards programs ensuring they are understood by employees.
- Responsible for creating reports, analysis, and predictive work for annual merit and incentive plans.
- Oversee the total rewards strategy to attract, engage, and retain top talent for the organization.
- Build effective working relationships with external partners, negotiating vendor contracts and agreements, and monitoring service targets.
- Manage open enrollment, work with outside vendors, and troubleshoot benefits issues.
- This position includes oversight and understanding of all company leave programs.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the VP of Human Resources.
Bachelor’s degree, and preferably CEBS and/or CCP designation.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in benefits and compensation including design and planning of compensation programs, experience with retirement plans such as 401(k) and profit sharing.
Experience and interest in data to analyze and strategize. Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
Experience working in HRIS systems, ADP preferred.
Experienced in Microsoft Office and expert in Excel.
Detail oriented, accurate and able to maintain confidential and private employee information.
Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills.
Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and manage vendor relationships.
Keep up-to-date on leading practices and market trends in benefits, compensation and other components of a total rewards strategy.
The position requires a working knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, and other applicable state and federal laws.
Please send your resume to:
Chris Englin | Big Wave Recruiting | firstname.lastname@example.org
August 18, 2016
- Love food? Love people even more?
Continental Mills is Hiring a Senior Recruiter!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people’s lives through the power of food.
Continental Mills is looking for a Senior Recruiter with appetite who will promote our unique culture and continue to make this one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. If you are looking for a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented work environment where entrepreneurial thinking is rewarded, then consider joining or team.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else’s. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process, including working with hiring managers to determine job requirements, sourcing appropriate candidates, screening, coordinating and conducting interviews, negotiating and closing offers, and overseeing the new hire onboarding process. With business acumen, vision, and creativity, the Senior Recruiter will add business value by enhancing organizational performance through strategically targeted staffing. This role has a specific focus on corporate CPG positions and some specialized roles within the organization. Read the rest of this entry »
July 1, 2016
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with Physio-Control leaders to assist in optimizing organizational capacity and performance to enable the Team to achieve Physio’s strategic imperatives. The HRBP manages all aspects of the HR function for the organizations they support which includes employment, employee relations, performance management, acquisition integration, learning and development and other special projects. The HRBP will also provide leadership and consultation to influence the organization to operate in alignment with Physio-Control’s Mission, Guiding Principles and culture while supporting the improvement of organizational performance.
• Work with leaders to recommend, develop and implement focused programs, projects and initiatives.
• Partner with leaders, team members, and other HR functional staff to provide leadership and focused support in: talent acquisition, compensation, coaching and performance management, resolution of issues, identification of learning and development needs, retention strategies and career development.
• Develop and integrate programs and practices that maximize, develop and help to retain top talent.
• Work with leaders and talent acquisition partners to assess current and future staffing needs and develop staffing plans.
• First line resource to leaders and team members on employee relations issues. Identify and partner with them and as needed with external resources to assist in addressing issues and implementing solutions. Provide counsel that is consistent with Physio-Control policies and practices, legal considerations, etc.
• Contribute to the business strategy by partnering with business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities.
• Support and facilitate organization change initiatives and provide consultation and coaching to people leaders to increase sense of responsibility.
• Lead and provide project management for HR business initiatives.
• Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR processes and trends.
• Provide support and input for implementing diversity strategies
• Mentor other HR team members.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Read the rest of this entry »
May 24, 2016
Senior Human Resources Manager
Our client, SightLife, founded in 1969, is the only non-profit global health organization solely focused on eliminating corneal blindness in the U.S. and around the world. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, the organization leverages innovative technologies and best business practices to transform lives and unlock Life’s possibilities for the corneal blind. SightLife works in partnership with surgeons and health organizations in dozens of countries.
SightLife is adding a Senior Human Resources Manager to bring Human Resources expertise, business acumen, and passion for the mission to their growing, global organization. Reporting to the Chief Talent Management Officer, the Sr. HR Manager will have significant responsibility for HR operations and programs in addition to the day-to-day management of HR and two employees. We are looking for a well-rounded HR leader with the ability to be both strategic and tactical, someone who can help scale the organization, and exemplifies our client’s values.
Manage all day-to-day Human Resources activities including benefits, compensation, employee relations, talent management, HR systems, HR projects and other HR activities both domestically and globally.
Partner with the Chief Talent Management Officer and manage multiple projects needed over the next two years while scaling the organization for significant growth. HR programs include new technology, total rewards, process definition, documentation, M&A, talent acquisition, and performance management. Read the rest of this entry »