|The Licensing Manager is an integral team member reporting to the Licensing Director and is responsible for the development and management of the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand Consumer Packaged Goods and Food and Beverage licensing day-to-day business including strategic planning, business development, sales and marketing. The target demographics are youth, teens, young adults and adults. The Licensing Manager will communicate TPCi’s brand licensing strategy effectively to licensees and other partners and ensure all activity and brand representation is in alignment with TPCi’s overall objectives and guidelines.
- Licensing Expert – Become the expert on the merchandise licensing industry across Consumer Packaged Goods and Food and Beverage categories. Includes deep understanding of retail landscape, key categories for each target demographic, market potential, consumer insight and trends, and top tier players in the field.
- Drive the Business – Work alongside the Licensing Director to develop a strategic merchandise licensing program, including identifying and assessing new licensing product opportunities and partners, anticipating roadblocks and proactively taking measures to address them. Negotiate and review business terms and contracts.
- Research, Strategy & Marketing Plans – Research retailers, products, brands and companies for new business opportunities. Prepare overall marketing plans for identified categories and territories and manage the implementation of these plans through the licensees. Assist with the development of marketing materials, promotional events and licensing presentations that support the execution of TPCi’s strategic direction and goals. Must be a great presenter with storytelling skills.
- Communication – Assist in communicating current and upcoming licensed products, promotions and marketing internally, with other offices and with our licensees, and international agents. Includes development of marketing materials, promotional events, and licensing presentations that support TPCi’s strategic direction and goals. Must be able to communicate complex deals effectively.
- Reporting – Ensure that monthly reports are received from licensees and that all requested information is being provided. Assist with the compilation of data for internal reporting, including unit sales, product development information, and any other licensing updates on a monthly basis that can be rolled up into comprehensive quarterly reports.
- Financial Planning – Assist with annual budgeting, financial planning & development and implementation of strategic licensing plans to hit revenue targets, grow the licensing business & incremental revenue potential.
- Manage Licensee proposal and Action Memo process – For any new, potential or renewal licensees, gather relevant deal information, competitive analysis and business rationale. Submit all business and strategy justifications to Director for evaluation prior to submission through TPCi’s internal approval system.
- Analyze & distribute data – Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of database of licensees and retailer names and addresses and contact information for the licensing group; collect financial data as necessary.
- Partner Compliance – Liaise with partners and global teams to approve product design, production and promotion for products under license. Monitor existing partners to ensure active development, product innovation, marketing dates, safety and financial compliance. Work closely with legal team as necessary.
- Event Planning/ Tradeshows – participate and assist with the planning and attendance of annual Licensing Summits, Licensing Show, Toy Fair and other trade shows and events to ensure all events are turn-key. This will include set up, tear down, rehearsals, etc. Ensure visibility of our licensed products during trade shows and Pokémon events.
- Qualified candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with work-groups and various personalities; leadership, strategic, and creative thinking skills; and have an entrepreneurial spirit, with positive, can-do attitude; and the ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with little supervision.
- 4-6 years related experience, previous experience in licensing or retail or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, deal interpretation and analysis, revenue/profit modeling and ultimate sound business judgment.
- Strong MS Office computer skills, including excel spreadsheets, and experience with Powerpoint presentations.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills; must possess a proven ability to multi-task various projects in a fast paced environment.
- Must be entrepreneurial, have a positive attitude and think proactively.
- Willingness and ability to work on special projects as needed to meet business needs; function as a team member.