September 22, 2016
Our Client, Alaska Airlines is looking for a Compensation Analyst for a contract role through the end of 2016. There is a possibility of extension or FTE opportunity. This is a fantastic company located south of Seattle. This role reports to the compensation manager. The peaking workload is due to a recent acquisition and hiring activity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate new positions and/or changes to current positions to determine appropriate salary range
- Review jobs from acquired company to merge into current structure
- Write job descriptions (business partners will collect data)
- Grade jobs
- Relief with writing job offers
- Provide advice and support to Human Resources Field Teams regarding pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation, including design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- Contribute to compensation projects like releveling, research, etc.
Strong writing skills, proficient at excel, compensation analyst or HR with compensation background, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact:
Big Wave Recruiting
September 22, 2016
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team.
Spaceflight is hiring a Human Resources Leader to bring strategic vision, business acumen and Human Resources expertise to our out of this world organization. As a member of the leadership team reporting to the President, the HR Leader will align HR strategies to meet Spaceflight’s growing business. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded HR Leader – an HR expert with generalist knowledge, strategic and hands-on, someone who loves to build, thrives in a fast-paced environment, will bring a passion for people, and exemplifies the values of Spaceflight. Read the rest of this entry »
August 18, 2016
The Best Little Company You’ve Never Heard Of….
Are you looking for a stable, secure, friendly work environment to take your Human Resource’s career to the next level? Are you tired of dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and corporate buyouts? Want to work someplace where the people are genuine, and you are not just a number? Burkhart Dental might be the place for you. Burkhart Dental Supply is a family owned company of four hundred employees so they are big enough to be a solid corporation, but small enough to still care. They’ve been in business for 128 years, and are family owned. They truly value about employees, and put their money where their mouth is—Burkhart associates own 30% of the company, and receive a quarterly bonus based on profitability. And since they enjoy such a solid reputation in the business—they’ve met that profit for 8 out of the last ten years.
And it’s not just Burkhart Dental Supply saying they’re a great place to work. Here’s just some of the many awards their company has achieved.
- Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work for – 2014 – Seattle Business Magazine
- 2014 Family Business Award – Seattle Business Magazine
- Gold Achievement level – Fit Friendly Worksite – 2014 – American Heart Association
- US Bank 2013 Gold Award
Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Our client, Burkhart Dental Supply located in Tacoma, is searching for an HR Specialist to lead compensation and benefits for their mid-sized company. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this role will design and administer compensation practices, base pay, salary structure, bonus plans, stock, and benefits programs as a key member of the HR team. The Compensation & Benefits Specialist will use financial acumen and analytical skills to interpret financial data to create strategy. This is a strategic and hands-on role working with company leaders, and management of external consultants and vendors.
- The Specialist works with the VP of HR and company leadership team on supporting the company goals in the development and implementation of effective rewards programs.
- Act as a primary source of compensation and benefits expertise for HR, senior leaders, and employees.
- Ability to design effective rewards programs including sales incentive plans, bonus plans, executive compensation, and profit sharing.
- Create and update job descriptions and complete job leveling requirements.
- Manage communication of total rewards programs ensuring they are understood by employees.
- Responsible for creating reports, analysis, and predictive work for annual merit and incentive plans.
- Oversee the total rewards strategy to attract, engage, and retain top talent for the organization.
- Build effective working relationships with external partners, negotiating vendor contracts and agreements, and monitoring service targets.
- Manage open enrollment, work with outside vendors, and troubleshoot benefits issues.
- This position includes oversight and understanding of all company leave programs.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the VP of Human Resources.
Bachelor’s degree, and preferably CEBS and/or CCP designation.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in benefits and compensation including design and planning of compensation programs, experience with retirement plans such as 401(k) and profit sharing.
Experience and interest in data to analyze and strategize. Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
Experience working in HRIS systems, ADP preferred.
Experienced in Microsoft Office and expert in Excel.
Detail oriented, accurate and able to maintain confidential and private employee information.
Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills.
Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and manage vendor relationships.
Keep up-to-date on leading practices and market trends in benefits, compensation and other components of a total rewards strategy.
The position requires a working knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, and other applicable state and federal laws.
Please send your resume to:
Chris Englin | Big Wave Recruiting | email@example.com
August 18, 2016
- Love food? Love people even more?
Continental Mills is Hiring a Senior Recruiter!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people’s lives through the power of food.
Continental Mills is looking for a Senior Recruiter with appetite who will promote our unique culture and continue to make this one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. If you are looking for a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented work environment where entrepreneurial thinking is rewarded, then consider joining or team.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else’s. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process, including working with hiring managers to determine job requirements, sourcing appropriate candidates, screening, coordinating and conducting interviews, negotiating and closing offers, and overseeing the new hire onboarding process. With business acumen, vision, and creativity, the Senior Recruiter will add business value by enhancing organizational performance through strategically targeted staffing. This role has a specific focus on corporate CPG positions and some specialized roles within the organization. Read the rest of this entry »