January 23, 2014
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Intellectual Ventures is the leader in the business of invention. Driven by the belief that invention sparks progress, Intellectual Ventures is committed to creating and sustaining a market for invention. The company creates new inventions, invest in existing invention and partner with universities and research labs worldwide to develop inventions. Intellectual Ventures provides companies access with these inventions through a variety of licensing and partnering programs.
We are looking for an HR Generalist who is excited about working closely with managers and employees to drive business results. This person will work closely with an HR Business Partner to assist in delivering against the human resource strategy for multiple IV client groups. This role will assist in the day-to-day work and companywide projects in HR including being a primary contact for employee relations, annual HR programs, recruiting, immigration and performance management
• Be a primary point of contact for manager and employee questions
• Diagnose needs, develop, project manage and implement Human Resources programs and processes based on HR priorities and business priorities within client groups
• Influence and implement decisions pertaining to transfers, promotions, demotions, leaves of absence and disciplinary actions, ensuring equitable treatment of employees
• Conduct comprehensive and timely investigations of complex employee relations issues. Partner with business leaders and employees to determine corrective action and issue resolution.
• Counsel and coach managers and employees on HR topics ranging from individual engagement to team effectiveness to organizational structure and design
• Assess learning needs, evaluate, select, design, implement and/or conduct/facilitate programs to increase the effectiveness of leaders and employees in the organization
• Work with managers and the compensation team to determine appropriate job levels, profiles, and compensation for employees
• Coordinate immigration activities for individuals, managers and outside counsel
• Partner with recruiting team to ensure hiring decisions and processes serve business needs
• Conduct new employee orientation, improving the program as the business evolves Read the rest of this entry »
January 23, 2014
Reporting into the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the Business Manager will work closely with the HR Leadership team to drive the development, implementation and adoption of programs, processes and tools in support of the HR Roadmap. This individual will work closely with the SVP of HR and will serve as a thought partner in setting the people agenda for the company.
The business manager must thrive in a fast-paced business environment, be detail-oriented, independently motivated, and have the confidence and ability to interact with and influence stakeholders in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
• Develop the operational and financial plan for HR, ensuring alignment with the HR strategy and IV’s business objectives.
• Manage HR’s portfolio of projects ensuring ongoing cross-functional visibility into projects and priorities.
• Serve as a partner and flexible resource to facilitate the effectiveness of the SVP of HR and the HR Leadership Team in achieving HR’s annual financial and operating goals.
• Manage budget to ensure HR meets annual financial targets. Activities include monthly budget review, invoice approvals and expense allocation.
• Lead projects as assigned by and on behalf of the SVP of HR.
• Plan, organize and develop content for bi-monthly HR team meetings, weekly HRLT meetings and Leadership offsites.
• Act as Human Resource Business Partner for HR (dependent on experience) Read the rest of this entry »
January 23, 2014
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Intellectual Ventures is the leader in the business of invention. Driven by the belief that invention sparks progress, Intellectual Ventures is committed to creating and sustaining a market for invention and being the leading invention partner for the world’s most innovative companies and individuals. The company creates new inventions, invests in existing inventions and partners with individuals, universities and research labs worldwide to develop inventions. Intellectual Ventures provides companies access to these inventions through a variety of licensing and partnering programs.
Intellectual Ventures has created a new position and is looking for a Senior HRIS Analyst / Project Manager to join its growing team. Under the direction of the HRIS Manager, this individual will play a key role in supporting and maintaining the HR Information System – Workday.
• Maintain the Human Resource Information System (Workday) including approval of employee changes, analysis of data and audits to ensure data integrity
• Assist end-users with HR systems and maintain system-related training documentation and procedures
• Maintain system integrations with internal and external information systems (ADP Payroll, Active Directory, etc.).
• Manage employee data reporting including scheduled reports, ad hoc reports, and employee dashboards
• Participate in Workday HRIS customer community to test new user interfaces and prepare IV team for quarterly upgrades and change management
• Partner/Lead internal teams on system enhancement and integration projects
• Coordinate onboarding, transfer and termination processes with HR business partner team
• Assist Compensation, Benefits, and HR Operations teams with projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Information Systems or related field required
• 5-7 years HRIS experience
• 2-3 years’ experience leading cross-functional projects
• Experience using one or more HR systems such as Workday, Oracle, PeopleSoft, ADP, SAP
• Advanced experience working with Excel required: Proficient with formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, chart/graph creation
• Experience with ad hoc reporting and report writing tools such as Crystal, Cognos, SQL highly desired
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding private and confidential data
To be considered or to learn more about this opportunity, contact: Chris Englin, Big Wave Recruiting firstname.lastname@example.org
September 27, 2013
Two Top Companies – Three Great New Opportunities
Here at Big Wave, we love it when our clients grow and create new career opportunities! Both companies have less than a thousand employees working on complex projects in an achievement oriented culture. We are looking for Talent Acquisition professionals who thrive on finding candidates who are high achievers and are motivated by professional growth.
Do people use these words to describe you?
Talent Acquisition Manager (1 position)
We are looking for experience developing and implementing recruiting processes, innovations, sourcing talent and social media strategy. Someone who builds strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure alignment with business needs, sets recruiting measures for the organization and leads the recruiting team. This role also recruits for key positions within this Best Places to Work organization. The Manager will work closely with the executive staff and will need strong strategic thinking skills, analytical ability, superb verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of integrity. Staffing professionals who exemplify these skills normally have a degree, ten years of human resources/recruiting experience and at least two years managing experienced recruiters.
Senior Recruiters (2 different positions)
We are looking for recruiters who have been successful finding and bringing top talent to high performing cultures. Both companies are fast paced, complex and growing. You will be a key member of your hiring managers’ teams and need to be client focused. Experience building rapport and establishing collaborative relationships to achieve objectives is essential. Experience is needed in the latest recruiting tools, analytical and communication skills, and the ability to develop a network of professional contacts. One of these roles requires a scientific, biotech or similar recruiting background.
At Big Wave Recruiting, candidates are always treated with respect and confidentiality. Our very long list of successful placements is proof or our ability to point talented people toward the professional opportunities that help them thrive. If these opportunities are of interest to you or a trusted colleague, please call or send a note.
We look forward to connecting!
Big Wave Recruiting